Thursday, April 26, 2007

Assignment #64

My brother also gets my little emails and he had some interesting things about last Monday’s email and ALEXA:

I think alexa is a hijacker which may explain why it is so popular. It makes you an offer you can't refuse. Alexa collects information from users who have installed an "Alexa Toolbar," allowing them to provide statistics on web site traffic, as well as lists of related links.

The company offered a toolbar that gave Internet users guidance on where to go next, based on the traffic patterns of its user community. Gee, I wanted to go there but I came here. Thanks Alexa!!!!

Another concern is whether Alexa ratings are easily manipulated. Some webmasters claim that they can significantly improve the Alexa ranking of less popular sites by making them the default page, by exchanging web traffic with other webmasters, and by requiring their users to install the Alexa toolbar.

Hey alexa, thanks for changing my start up page, rerouting me to where you want me to go, and telling everyone what I am doing using the bandwidth that I am paying for.

For more see Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_Internet

And for your assignment

Goto http://worldatlas.com/

Click on it

Under the map of the world there’s a flag with a dragon on it--click on it.

Click on COUNTRY FLAGS

Goto –G- Guam click on it

Right click on Guam’s flag.

Save Picture as…

Play!!

No comments: