Thursday, June 28, 2007

Assignment #107

Hyperlinking Words and Other Right Clicks

Don’t laugh – I just learned how to do this.

Now all this time I have been putting the full URL in this email whenever I wanted you to go somewhere. Instead, I could have just said something like go to my blog here and have the word linked to a URL.

To do this in WORD, highlight the word “here” and then right click-HYPERLINK and put the URL in the address line.

Feeling stupid, I looked at the other Right Click menu items and found out I could highlight a word and LOOK UP, TRANSLATE, FIND A SYNONYM FOR as well as CUT, COPY, PASTE, and the formatting stuff which is what I used the Right Click for previously. Boy, is my face red!

Play!!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I do a lot of training at my library and ever since windows I have a song to teach people about right click. To the tune of Old MacDonald

Newy librarians have a trick
right click right click click
When you don't have a clue about
what to do right click for a menu.

Graphic here, spellcheck there
Here a cut there a paste
OHHH newy librarians have a trick right click right click click.

Anonymous said...

Αppreciating the time and effort you put into your website and ԁetailed infoгmаtion you offer.
It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
the same out of ԁatе rehashed materiаl.
Excellent reаd! Ι've saved your site and I'm including your RЅS
feеds to my Googlе acсount.

Ϻy web sіte: tens units
my site > Http://Www.Tensunitsforpain.Com